Thursday, October 2, 2008

oh, san francisco

Last night as I was driving home from Mill Valley I was all sorts of stress-y about classes starting Monday, all the film festival shifts I'm working in the next few weeks, the museum colloquium I'm working the week after that and about all the issues with him and me and, I guess the appalling state of the world in general really. But then...driving across the Richmond Bridge I see the lights of San Francisco peek out from behind a hill and my heart just leaps up into my throat. The lights of the Bay Bridge across the Bay, the city illuminated at night, the silhouettes of dark islands just floating on top of the Bay and the ambient light reflecting off the water - they were so achingly lovely - my thoughts just melted off and slid away.

So then...Echo and the Bunnymen's Killing Moon comes on my iPod. Bloody perfect timing! Then every song that played on Shuffle mode (which generally disappoints me with it's careless juxtapositioning!) on my drive back to Alameda was per-fec-tion

New Order - Every Little Counts
Bowie - Sound and Vision
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
The Fix - Saved By Zero
The Album Leaf - The Outer Banks

And I have to admit, as much as I want to move to London - the Bay Area is one of the most lovely places anywhere and ever.

No comments: